Work With Us
The Repetiteur is a seasonal, full-time position. They work directly alongside professional Stage Directors and Conductors by assisting with all musical aspects of the production throughout the rehearsal and performance process. This position will be responsible for the primary Repetiteur duties on one production, the secondary Repetiteur duties on another production, and the preparation of young artists featured in the Center Stage concert within the Festival Season.
The OTSL Repetiteur position is a seasonal, full-time position. Frequent night and weekend hours will be required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Repetiteur responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coaching and accompanying diction, musical, and staging rehearsals of artists engaged by Opera Theatre of Saint Louis under the direction of the conducting staff, Artistic Director, Principal Conductor, and Artistic Director of Young Artist Programs.
- Coaching young artists covering roles within the productions for which they have primary and secondary repetiteur duties.
- Assisting with musical matters during dress rehearsals, performances, and at technical rehearsals; including acting as a substitute for operating titles during designated performances.
- Assisting with the preparation of and to accompany the artists appearing at other musical events as may be arranged by Opera Theatre of Saint Louis.
- Performing a keyboard instrument, if required, for stage rehearsals and performances of the operas assigned.
Preparing and presenting brief “Opera Previews” (pre-performance lectures) on the opera for which they are principal repetiteur as directed by the Principal Conductor and/or Director of Artistic Administration.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 5-10 years classical music accompanist experience preferred.
- 1-5 years vocal coaching in the operatic repertoire.
- Ability to play keyboard instruments.
- Strong keyboard skills.
- Strong knowledge of opera repertoire.
- Strong sight-reading skills.
- Orchestral reduction.
- Deep knowledge of opera repertoire.
- Vocal coaching.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure and maintain professional demeanor.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
Compensation & Hours:
- This is a seasonal, full-time position.
- Position 1: Engagement dates: approximately Sunday, April 23, 2023 – Saturday, June 24, 2023
- Position 2: Engagement dates: approximately Monday, April 24, 2023 – Sunday, June 25, 2023
- Position 3: Engagement dates: approximately Saturday, May 6, 2023 – Friday, June 23, 2023
- Position 4: Engagement dates: approximately Saturday, May 6, 2023 – Saturday, June 24, 2023
- Compensation Range: $1,000.00-$1,400.00 / week
- Travel and Housing provided.
Note: OTSL’s Festival Season is a 6-day work week.
Applicants for the position are asked to submit a resume along with a cover letter that describes their interest in the position and outlines their relevant experience and qualifications.
Please email application information to:
Yvette Loynaz, Director of Artistic Administration
(no calls, please)
At Opera Theatre of Saint Louis, we value equity, diversity, and mutual respect. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, people with disabilities, and others who have been historically excluded to apply. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our vibrant community. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
OTSL will not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, religion or belief; national, social, or ethnic origin; age; sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression; physical, mental, or sensory disability; family or parental status; genetic information or characteristics; protected veteran status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. OTSL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact (314) 963-4226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.