Work With Us
Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis is hiring for the position of Payroll & Benefits Administrator, who will be responsible for processing the company’s year-round and seasonal payroll, and managing the administration of the company’s benefits program.
Payroll & Benefits Administration
- Processing bi-weekly and weekly payrolls in a timely manner, and establishing current and accurate payroll records for all employees, including accurate documentation, pay rate, benefit eligibility, deductions, union dues, and any other payroll items; (OTSL currently utilizes Paychex for payroll processing.)
- Collaborating with Human Resources regarding new employees to address any questions concerning compensation, benefits, effective dates, etc., and to coordinate employee termination and other employment changes;
- Serving as primary contact for employee payroll and benefits-related questions, providing internal customer service of the highest quality;
- Acting as primary liaison to payroll and benefits vendor(s) and providers;
- Completing all requests for employment verification, payroll garnishment, unemployment claims and all payroll related filings.
- Maintaining accurate vacation accrual included with payroll processor and verify accuracy of accrual;
- Performing the role of 401(k) Plan Administrator and be responsible for all related duties;
- Coordinating the administration and maintenance of the various employee benefit programs, including managing open enrollment periods, communicating all benefit information to the appropriate benefits provider, and accurately coding all benefits related payments.
- Communicating open enrollment, plan adjustments, and other changes to benefits effectively to employees.
- As required, conducting research and providing information to the Controller and Director of Administration & Finance on any modifications of employee benefit programs.
Additional Accounting Duties
- Assisting with additional accounting duties, as assigned, including
- Preparing journal entries, related analysis and data entry;
- Performing account reconciliations as assigned;
- Assisting with audit schedule preparation as requested.
Experience & Qualifications
- Associates degree in accounting or related field;
- 2 or more years of relevant experience; or a satisfactory combination of education, experience, and training which demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform duties;
- Strong payroll and benefits administration experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience with at least one accounting package.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A strong attention to detail;
- Ability to manage multiple projects with overlapping deadlines;
- An eye for problem solving and process-improvement;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Desire to work as a team player.
Compensation & Hours
- Compensation: $48,000-$53,000 annual salary plus benefits.
- This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
- Opera Theatre has a flexible work policy which allows for individual remote and asynchronous work arrangements.
- Position requires some evening and weekend hours during key times of year.
Applicants for the position are asked to submit a resume along with a cover letter in which they describe their interest in Opera Theatre of Saint Louis and their experience and qualifications for the position.
Please email application information to:
Michelle Myers, Director of Administration & Finance
(no calls, please)
At Opera Theatre of Saint Louis, we value equity, diversity, and mutual respect. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, people with disabilities, and others who have been historically excluded to apply. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our vibrant community. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
OTSL will not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, religion or belief; national, social, or ethnic origin; age; sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression; physical, mental, or sensory disability; family or parental status; genetic information or characteristics; protected veteran status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. OTSL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact (314) 963-4226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.