Work With Us
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis is hiring a full-time Accounting Clerk, who will be responsible for recording accounts payable, issuing checks, and other accounting duties to support the work of the department.
- Process invoices and prepare checks for signature weekly. Verify that all appropriate approvals are present.
- Coordinate and obtain second signature for appropriate checks.
- Maintain current filing of paid accounts payable invoices.
- Assist staff with researching questions related to accounts payable.
- Update state tax exemptions, W9 forms, and addresses as required.
- Keep vendor listing current and eliminate duplicates on a regular basis.
- Prepare signed checks for mailing/distribution.
- Resolve discrepancies between vendors, employees, and third parties.
- Accurately enter transactions into accounting software that have been created by members of the Finance Team.
- Reconcile monthly credit card/PEX expenses.
- Assist with audit schedule preparation as requested.
- Maintain the accuracy of the general ledger and review of data entry.
- Promptly box and file previous year’s documents per the document retention policy.
- Assist with additional accounting and finance processes and projects as needed.
Experience & Qualifications
- Associate degree in accounting; or a satisfactory combination of education, experience, and training which demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform duties.
- Two or more years of strong accounts payable experience.
- Experience with an accounting package.
- Extraordinary attention to detail and a commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, word processing, and spreadsheets.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates a team-oriented approach, while also able to be self-directed
Compensation & Hours
- Compensation: $42,000 annual salary plus benefits.
- This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
- Opera Theatre has a flexible work policy which allows for hybrid remote work and asynchronous schedule arrangements.
Applicants for the position are asked to submit a resume along with a cover letter that describes their interest in the position, and outlines their relevant experience and qualifications.
At Opera Theatre of Saint Louis, we value equity, diversity, and mutual respect. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, people with disabilities, and others who have been historically excluded to apply. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our community. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
OTSL will not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, religion or belief; national, social, or ethnic origin; age; sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression; physical, mental, or sensory disability; family or parental status; genetic information or characteristics; protected veteran status; or any other protected class under federal, state, or local law. OTSL will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact (314) 963-4226 or email@example.com.